Pay a visit to Longacre School’s Christmas Fair at 10am on Saturday 1st December … [ Read More ]
Madgehole Lane, Shamley Green
A charming and beautifully presented character family house in a wonderful rural setting affording superb distant views within an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Madgehole is a charming character family house built we believe in the 1930's which has subsequently been skilfully extended and tastefully refurbished by the present owners and now provides all the benefits of a good family home. The property has an abundance of exposed beams and oak flooring whilst being extremely light throughout. The ground floor accommodation flows particularly well and is well suited to entertaining with four super reception rooms and a generous kitchen breakfast room. Additional features include fireplaces with wood burning stoves and French doors leading on to the terrace, a perfect area to enjoy the evening sun and stunning views. On the first floor, the accommodation is generous with the main suite having excellent westerly views the three further double bedrooms served by a family shower room and bathroom. The detached barn is a tremendous bonus offering valuable ancillary accommodation. The gardens, grounds and setting are very special. Surrounding the house are landscaped gardens with terraces, lawns and well stocked borders and beds. The rhododendrons make a splendid display in spring and offer the perfect back drop to the swimming pool with its outstanding views. The paddocks are perfect for the family pony, and riding in the area is first class.
- Entrance hall, cloakroom, sitting room, study, dining room, family room, kitchen/breakfast room.
- Main bedroom suite, 3 further double bedrooms, family bathroom, family shower room.
- Detached barn providing garaging, large machinery store, snooker/games room, stable block/open shelter
- Heated swimming pool with outstanding views
- Delightful gardens, paddocks and woodland - in all about 8.5 acres.