Pay a visit to Longacre School’s Christmas Fair at 10am on Saturday 1st December … [ Read More ]
Green Dene, East Horsley
Last on the market 78 years ago, stands this truly characterful hideaway nestled tranquilly in 4.8 acres of the idyllic Surrey Hills with full planning to remodel and extend.
Greendene Croft is believed to have been built in 1936 in Canadian Cedar to a Colt design by a member of the Guinness family as a
weekend cottage. It was then bought by the present vendors family in 1938 and occupied by Denis Moore who established a very well-known and highly respected craftsmen's pottery studio with clay coming from the site and wood for firing foraged from the woodland. Denis Moore was instrumental in establishing The Craft Potters Association of Great Britain in 1956 and as an ex lawyer wrote its first constitution. Moore who enjoyed a simple life at Greendene Croft grew organic vegetables, fruit and flowers together with a small vineyard but the pottery was where his passion lay with fellow potters coming to learn, design and make pottery.
Today Greendene Croft offers an exciting opportunity for an incoming purchaser to create their own haven. Full planning has
been obtained for the house to be remodelled and extended together with 4 car garaging. In addition, subject to the usual permissions, it is believed that the detached pottery and kiln could be regenerated to create valuable ancillary accommodation. Of note are the grounds extending to 4.8 acres providing a wonderful setting whilst benefitting from rare tranquillity and a southerly aspect.
- Entrance hall, sitting room with open fire, dining room, kitchen, bathroom.
- Landing, 4 bedrooms.
- Detached garaging, long drive approach, charming gardens, paddock and woodland.
- Former detached pottery and kilns of circa 500 sq. ft. offering potential (subject to usual permissions) ancillary accommodation.
- Full planning to extend the house to 2170 sq. ft. plus 4 bay garaging of 477 sq ft
- Planning Approvals: 16/P/01685 (House) 16/P/02071 (Extension)
- 16/P/01736 (Garage)