Pay a visit to Longacre School’s Christmas Fair at 10am on Saturday 1st December … [ Read More ]
Farley Heath, Albury
An attractive farmhouse with equestrian facilities and 56 acres located in an area of outstanding natural beauty deep within the Surrey Hills.
Mayor House once formed part of the adjoining Albury Estate, until it was sold into private ownership and subsequently purchased by our client's family in 1978.
This attractive ironstone house is well set up an extended wooded track into open countryside with pleasant views out across its grazing land. The property itself is in need of some modernisation with potential for enlargement subject to the receipt of appropriate planning consent having last been extended in 1961.
Ground floor accommodation is uniform in its arrangement, typical of the Victorian period with the useful addition of later extension adding an enlarged kitchen, internal double garage/workshop and grooms accommodation above.
First floor accommodation has five bedrooms (three en suite) and allows for either a single dwelling or attached self contained grooms accommodation with kitchenette and separate access, as was stipulated in the original planning consent ranted in 1961.
The adjoining equestrian facilities are well position to the house itself creating a useful working yard with 10 stables and associated out buildings close by. Whilst the property itself is in a relatively secluded rural position it is not without the comfort of neighbouring properties. The land has an SBI number and registration to the Single Payment Scheme. There is immediate access onto a BOAT (Byway Open to All Traffic) from the property linking it to a network of Bridleways from which to hack out.
- 5 Bedrooms, 4 bath/shower rooms (3 en suite)
- Reception hall,
- Drawing room,
- Sitting Room,
- Garden room and conservatory
- Dining room, kitchen with larder and store,
- 2 cloakrooms, utility room and double garage/workshop
- Further double garage, roller shutter store,
- Double roller shutter store/workshop
- 10 stables with tack room and wash room,
- Menage, open fronted hay store
- 3 further horse shelters
- Landscaped gardens, fenced paddock land
- Pastoral grazing land
- Mixed ancient semi naturl woodland with coppice and conifer.
- Amounting in all to about 56 acres